Saturday, September 4, 2010

'Tis a Jolly...uh...Midnight?


Time for the late-night post...
Well, my button quails laid eggs after all. At around 8pm, right before dinner, I saw the egg in my quails' food dish. You wouldn't believe my excitement. It was already starting to become cold at the time, but I put it in the incubator ASAP. Not like it would matter that much, though.
I caught the cutest pics of my chick too. He/she is so adorable! I still don't know what to name it, though. Please comment with your ideas. Originally, the chick was just supposed to be a little play-buddy for KirbyII, but there's no doubt that I would start loving him/her like I've never seen an animal in my life! So soft too. I just hope that the chick is a girl. Free eggs right from the chicken- what could be better!? Although, this is probably going to be the only one for a while and until further notice, our intentions are keeping him/her in the giant rabbit hutch after KirbyII moves out.
KirbyII's fur is very light, and I heard that a peahen's fur is lighter than a male's. This kind of stinks because Lazy (the other peachick that passed away) had darker fur. I kept telling my family, "Let's get the white peacock from Strombergs!" Well, a peahen is still pretty cool. It's having a peafowl that counts. That reminds me, we haven't held KirbyII even once today. We've been trying to hold KirbyII a lot so he/she would get used to human interaction, but something's been up lately and KirbyII keeps resisting and struggling around if held. I wouldn't take it too seriously; if I was held by some giant ogre I would freak out.
As for that BackYardChickens website, I'm thinking about entering the contest soon. I've been wanting to start this blog but never got around to doing so. Even though I don't have many viewers (if any), I know I will keep this active for any reason that I'll think of when I'm bored. It's not like the contest is going anywhere. Still, I would promote BYC forums either way. I got so much help from them.
Well, that's all for now. Thanks for reading.
-Roey
P.S.
I'm going to try and put a lot more pictures/videos/etc. in the upcoming posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment